Wireless Sensor Chip to Protect Wildlife
The basic motivation of implanting the wireless sensor on different animals is that they are illegally being poached killed and smuggled or traded for the medicinal purposes while the authorities have not been completely able to stop this issues. The wireless sensor networks would be developed to cater this issue in which sensors would be implanted in animal that would give the information to the administrators about the animal being attacked. The information would be collected through camera for visual, micro phone for audio, GPs for location and heart rate sensor for getting an idea about the medical or biological symptoms of the animals whose heart rate increases as it senses danger. The information would be sent to the mobile phones connected to the sensor. This can be a really effective and faster way to overcome the issue and also the find out the real culprit behind this illegal poaching of the animals.
Points for Extension
- Information must be given about the total battery life of the sensor and complete device that would be implanted along with the type of battery being used to make sure it is safe and sound as animals go into water.
- Detailed ways and mechanism of implanting the sensors into the bodies of the animals must be provided as the picture showed the sensor just placed on the head of the animal. Discussion about placing sensor at right place must be provided
- The network protocols that would be sued for the wireless communication should be illustrated in more detail.
- The idea of getting the information about the health of the animals through measuring the heart was a great idea of getting the physical information
- The idea for future development of using the solar energy for battery charging along with size reduction is a good way for making device efficient.
- The connection and information sent to the monitor’s mobile is the fastest and most interesting way of communication.
Name : Shashank
Student number: N9537112
Topic: Proximity sensors
This presentation gave a comprehensive overview of the proximity sensors starting with the determination of difference between the capacitive and inductive sensors. The sensors function by measuring the changes in the capacity whenever an object comes near to the sensor while the size and the distance of the object hugely determines the changes in the capacitive. The advantage of the sensor is that it does not need to be in physical contact while the low cost and applications over the wide range of the appliances and electronic devices is another fact. The sensor the sensor works by emitting the electromagnetic fields and then measuring the strength of the signals getting back. The changes in capacitance is measured as sensor acts as the one plate of it and the object acts as the other plate of the capacitance.Â The capacity of the sensor as just mentioned is closely related to the size and distances.
Point needing Extension
- There must be more information delivered about the mechanism of installing these sensor in different devices
- More information should be given about the capacitive sensing abilities of these sensors with respect to a specific location.
- The working of these proximity sensors is not described in detail as well as the actual or real form or picture of the device was not included.
- The fact that the power consumption of these sensors is very low makes them suitable for application in mobile devices having no direct power contact.
- The sensors work perfectly without the human intervention in the form of physical contact which makes its convenient and safer for use.
- It can be applied in a variety of device with the various functions like in car parking to avoid collisions and mobile phones to avoid wrong calls and detect touch.